Before submitting your document, please format as follows:
- Your query letter and your synopsis should be single spaced. Everything else should be double spaced.
- Use Times New Roman 12-point font.
- Margins should be one inch all around.
- Remove all automatic paragraph spacing. No spaces between paragraphs.
- If you want to use a header, using the Header feature; put your last name/book title (shortened if it’s long) in the upper left corner of every page. At very least, put page numbers in the upper right corner.
- Files must be in Word (.doc or .docx) format only.
- For partial or complete manuscript critiques, send only a title page (title and author name) along with the actual chapters. Do NOT include acknowledgments, copyright page, dedication page, note from author, bibliography, or any other additional pages of material. If it’s important to you to have your Foreword, Introduction, or Afterword critiqued, you can include that.
- Start all your chapters at the top of the page. You don’t want to pay full price for half pages, right?